Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend Getaway

With the wedding only 7 weeks away, our spending has come to a screeching halt. We have been living a conservative lifestyle since we started planning the wedding, but are now officially on financial lock down. This summer, although extremely busy, has been rather uneventful. We don't have money at the moment to take any trips, and we don't really go anywhere since gas prices are so high. We have been making the best out of the situation by cooking romantic dinners at home, going for sunset walks with Simon, and enjoying our neighbor's cozy backyard while drinking homemade wine. We've promised ourselves that once the wedding is over we can once again allow ourselves a little financial freedom.

In the meantime, I've been scouring the internet to virtually shop and have been planning imaginary trips by reading reviews on www.tripadvisor.com

This particular getup is for our imaginary weekend getaway to Newport, RI. I think I'd look super cute touring the mansions in this little ensemble:

Weekend Getaway

CAMPER ballerina shoes
140 CAD - gravitypope.com

ChloƩ square handbag
£595 - harveynichols.com

ASOS pin watch
$52 - asos.com

Lucky brand jewelry
$35 - zappos.com

Dita glass shades
$375 - aloharag.com


So apparently playing "make-believe" stretches into adulthood.

Happy Monday :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the outfit! Very cute and I agree - a great outfit for touring some mansions ;)
    I've had to sit on my hands on the entire "spending" thing too - it sucks and I feel for ya. I don't know how I'll hold out for another 10 months! Eeek!

    PS - have you all decided if you are going on a honeymoon and if so, where? I don't know if I missed that somewhere or if yall just didn't want to share, but just wanted to ask ;)
    (sorry for being nosy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - best post ever! I love this, virtual shopping. I could picture you popping in and out of Mansions on Bellevue Ave, great choice of colors and style.

    I am sure you are learning lots by the spending hiatus, I know I'm not helping the situation since I am a wedding expense, but I promise it will be worth it :)

    ReplyDelete