Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Engaged

I can remember the day like it was yesterday. We were praying that the rain would clear up and the sun would shine. Brian and I had a hard time deciding where we wanted to do our engagement photos. We really didn't have a "place." No beach that we frequented, no woods that we hiked, no urban landscape where we spent our time. We could have picked a number of beautiful locations, but it just didn't feel like us. We were afraid we would feel like transplants - two people in a picturesque backdrop that had no ties to that particular place.

It just would have been weird to us.

I struggled with all of the possibilities but then came to a conclusion while looking out my back door. It was autumn, and the little dead end street that we live on has leaves that blaze red, orange, and yellow when the season shifts from summer to fall.

"We can do it here," I thought. No beach, no mountainside, no tall city buildings. Just the street where we decided to make the commitment to spend forever together. The street where we started the family that is us, the dog, and the two cats. It's the street where we became homeowners, where we became neighbors, where we became part of a community.

Once I decided on the first location, my brain immediately went to the park down the street from my old apartment. Technically, this is where our relationship status first began. It's the park we drove by, and walked by, when we would leave our favorite hangouts to go back towards my place. What better way than to have pictures where it all began.....

So there you have it. The two locales where we chose to have our engagement photos and how we chose them. A little odd to most, but just right for us.

To check out our photos, head here, to Melissa Mullen Photography. She did an incredible job capturing me, Brian, and most importantly Simon. I can't thank her enough!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness your photos are absolutely beautiful!!! You are glowing! I love how you chose a place that was simple and near to your heart. And I must say that Simon looks wonderful! He looks like a pure natural in front of the camera. I can't wait to see your wedding photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a beautiful couple!! What gorgeous photos! I can see why you fell in love with the locations.

    ReplyDelete