Monday, July 2, 2012

What Up Shlump?

Remember my fabulous Shlumpadinka post?

I would like to revisit that.

I'm officially a Shlumpadinka and I hate it.

I realized it today when I was getting dressed to head out to teach my Monday night Spin class.  I threw on my workout pants, looked down, and realized they were too short.

They're too short NOT because I shrunk them, but because my butt, hips and thighs are carrying around some extra junk.  I grabbed a hand held mirror, turned around in front of my bathroom mirror, and examined my too tight workout pants.

Sigh.

I wore them anyway because they were clean.  I attempted to remedy the too tight workout pants by tying one of Brian's long sleeved t-shirts around my waist because it's 90 degrees out, and I might need a long sleeved t-shirt at the gym because I might get cold working up a sweat......

Uh yeah.

As I'm typing this, I'm sporting a pair of Brian's old Celtics pajama pants and a 10 year old J Crew t-shirt.

That's right, I'm making a habit out of wearing my husband's wardrobe.

Good God.

The sad thing, is that I don't know where to begin. Should I start by painting my nails that have been bitten down to stubs? Should I maybe make a hair appointment to take care of the two inches of roots I have sprouting off the top of my head? Should I head to TJ Maxx to buy size appropriate work out clothes for my popular Spin class so I look the part of Spin Instructor Extraordinaire?

Or maybe I should toss some of the hideous stuff in my closet in order to make room for some new threads.

I think my first step is to get a good night's rest so that I can unload these under eye bags before I commit to unloading my pitiful wardrobe.

Nighty nighty :)


1 comment:

  1. :( I can totally relate to what you're going through. Since I'm jobless at the moment my current wardrobe consists of nike shorts, a white tank. My toes and nails are in desperate need of some attention as well. Honestly, I feel ya.
    Hope you can muster up the motivation to get back to it - you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete