Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fall Ready

I think this has been the first summer where I've thought to myself:

"Ugh, is it over yet???"

I've always been a summer lover, a sun worshipper, and a beach bum.  In my twenties I spent every weekend at the beach. I would get up early, pack a small lunch that consisted of a granola bar and some water, throw a few fashion mags into my beach bag and I was off.  I would arrive at the beach right before the rush - around 8:00 am. I would pick a prime spot, throw down my towel, set up my chair, and plant myself in the sand.  I would usually take off around 2:00 pm because let's face it, true sun worshippers know the best sun is between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. 

On my way home, I would grab a salad and head over to my mom's house to have a real lunch with my grandmother.  I would wash the sand off of my stuff in the backyard with her hose, pack the car back up, and head to my apartment.  Once I got home, I would hop in the shower to wash off the sand, salt, and sunshine and then settle in for a short after-beach nap. Sometimes I would go out that night, and sometimes I would just settle in for a chic-flick. 

I miss those days.......

This summer, I made it to the beach once.  In my twenties, I was able to throw anything and everything on the back burner. Laundry? Later. Grocery shopping? Later. Clean the bathroom/kitchen/living room? Later. 

Now for whatever reason, I don't put these things off anymore. I suppose it's part of being a "grown up," and having responsibilities, but come on!  People should go to the beach on the weekends.  Not the grocery store.  People should be spending free time basking in the sun. Not slaving over housework. 

This grown up sh*t is for the birds.....

Brian and I haven't gone anywhere or done anything together ALL SUMMER. Sure, we've had some special events - baptisms, birthday parties, cookouts, etc, however the two of us haven't made any plans all summer to do anything together. This ridiculousness has to end!  All work and no play makes Anastasia a dull girl.

I'm really not sure where to even start with this one since Brian and I both have such limited time off from work.  As I type this Brian is actually at work doing something for work that he didn't want to do during working hours so that he could get other work done instead.

HUH? 

Insane. And it has to stop. 

I don't have the option of slowing down for August - since August is booked solid.  September on the other hand is another story.  I have a few things brewing for September and if things go my way, then things should start looking up....

Fingers crossed and ready for fall......

No comments:

Post a Comment