Sunday, October 28, 2012

Oops...

.....I did it again.

I forgot to blog yesterday.....

In my defense, we have this big storm coming, and I spent yesterday getting prepped for all of the "just in case" issues that could arise.  In the midst of the prepping I forgot to blog.

So sorry.

Anywho.

I received an unexpected phone call tonight from Bandit's former mom.  We keep in touch every so often via email - she sends me cute little kitty trinkets and cat books she finds at yard sales.  I send her photos, and videos and updates of how Bandit is doing.

A few weeks back I sent her a video of Ebenezer and Bandit having a bromance session in the living room. I knew that Bandit and Ebenezer were getting along and I had a feeling that they were more in love with each other than I was able to witness.  One night after dinner, I stumbled upon Ebenezer bathing Bandit, and I was able to get the whole thing on video.

Crazy Cat Lady, table for one.

I emailed the video to  Bandit's former mom. Normally, when I send a Bandit message, she will write me back to thank me and to let me know how much I brightened her day. Tonight she called me instead.  We chatted for awhile about our animals and her family and about the rescue work that she does.

And then she paid me one of the best compliments I've received in a long time.

"You're an angel," she said.  I thanked her for the compliment and told her how much we love Bandit and how he has become part of our family (zoo). 

"You are," she said, "you're an angel for what you've done for us, and for Bandit."

I thought it was so interesting that just a few days ago, I posted about Bandit, and I appropriately titled that post, "Angel."

There are days when I wonder if I've made the right decision taking him in. I wonder if I did the right thing in making my life more complicated and  in making my husband's life more complicated.

After speaking to Bandit's former mom tonight, what I already knew deep down has been reinforced.  I did do the right thing.  I'm not sure why he came to us, or why I'm supposed to be the one to care for him, all I know is that this is the way it's supposed to be.

He is my little angel, and I am his.  The rest is irrelevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment