Monday, November 30, 2009

Bring On The Christmas

No denying it now.

Christmas is right around the corner. 25 days around the corner.

I was trying to ignore all of the Christmas decorations that had exploded everywhere before Thanksgiving because COME ON can we just enjoy Thanksgiving and THEN deal with Christmas??? Geesh.

And the carols? Already? Seriously? I was standing in line to get a coffee last week trying very hard to ignore:

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh the weather outside is frightful....."

Nope, no frightful weather. Crisp. Fall. Colored leaves. Thanksgiving.

"But the fiiiiiiiiire is soooooooooo delightful!"

Ahhhh nope. No fire. Pilgrims. Apple Pie. Turkey. Stuffing......

"And since we've no where to goooooooooooooo...."

Hmmm. I have somewhere to go. And if this putz in front of me didn't order enough coffee to caffeinate a small South American village, I'D BE THERE BY NOW!!!

"LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOWWWWWWWW!"

No, no, no. No snow. Please, no f-ing snow. Not yet. Just Thanksgiving. Please. For the love of God.

On a positive note, I once again completed a road race on Thanksgiving morning. Not only did I complete 5 miles without stopping, I beat my time from last year. I managed to shave a whole 12 seconds off my time.

What? 12 seconds is good right?









4 comments:

  1. You are so right about needing to fully enjoy one holiday before being shoved face first into the next one.

    But I'm right there with you - bring on the Christmas stuff! Lights! Carols! Holiday commericals! Feel-good movie premieres! Egg nog! Whoo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe...you make me laugh! So right! How annoying. What about all the numbnuts who put up their tree already. Hello! December 1st is tomorrow, people.
    BTW, I know a cute Pilgrim ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe. I like the song and then your thoughts with it. :)

    12 seconds is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, you're so funny Princess. But yep, xmas will soon be here! I'm going to start on my cards this weekend. :)

    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Ohhhh and WHEN are you getting MARRIED?!!! Set a date yet?

    ReplyDelete