Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cheerleader

Accountability has been my largest hurdle when it comes to eating right, eating smaller portions, and exercising. I posses a TON of knowledge as it pertains to health and nutrition. I know I need to slow down when I eat as it takes the brain 20 minutes to realize my tummy is indeed full. I know I slim down fastest when I run and that lifting free weights aids in speeding up my metabolism. I know that getting plenty of sleep is important to overall health and well being. I know it's important to keep moving, to keep stretching, and to keep taking deep breaths.

My problem?

My problem is transferring the "knowing" into "doing."

I've done it before and I will do it again.

It's much easier to transform knowing into doing when you're doing it with a buddy. A girlfriend, a spouse, a parent - someone that can relate to you wanting to eat the entire plate of lasagna because who doesn't love a plate full of yummy, cheesy goodness. It's so much easier when you have that second voice, kind of like an angel sitting on your right shoulder to say, "Maybe we should have half, and take the rest home to eat later." It's so much easier to have someone that cares whether or not you bothered to peel yourself away from the TV, housework or errands to take a walk or go to the gym.

Something like a fitness cheerleader if you will.

I could have attempted to transform Brian into my fitness cheerleader, but I knew he wouldn't be the person to motivate me and hold me accountable. Brian is a guy. Brian can take Simon for a 20 minute walk, devour half a pepperoni pizza, and not gain a pound.

It's just not fair.

I decided to recruit my new friend over at Life Of A Doctor's Wife for a little fitness/eating right challenge. I am extending the invitation to all of you if you would like to join our little challenge. Details will be posted here by November 1st, so if you're interested drop me an email (accordingtoanastasia@gmail.com) or comment here.

It's going to be awesome!!

2 comments:

  1. All I have to say is... I miss my running buddy. :( If only you lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain lady. My hubs actually loses weight when he doesn't exercise. Maddening!

    ReplyDelete