Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Unsaid

I try really hard to be a good person.

I try really hard to be a good wife.

A good friend. A good sister.

A good daughter.

I just try to be really good overall. But sometimes it's hard to live up to such high expectations. Sometimes text messages go unanswered, phone calls unreturned, and time passes by and you forget to check in, to say hello, to ask, "how are you?"

I hate to use the cliche phrase, "that's life," but it's true. We get caught up in important things, and to be perfectly honest, not so important things. We sometimes lose sight of the right direction and waste so much time just wasting time.

Sometimes we leave a lot of things unsaid. Not on purpose, but it happens.

Sometimes we can make up for it. And sometimes, it's just simply too late.

It's too late for us Dear Cousin.

I can't remember when I last saw you last, and I can't remember why I waited so long to return your call. I failed to get in touch and ask, "how are you?"

And I'm sorry.

I hope you are at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment