Friday, July 23, 2010

All Things Zombie

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine a post like this one.

Megan over at Best Of Fates pointed out that I did not include tips on how to survive a zombie invasion.

Duh - how selfish of me - because technically a deadly virus that escapes government control and reeks havoc on the human population by turning everyone into flesh eating zombies COULD really happen.

No, really. It could.

I found this eHow article on how to survive a zombie invasion. I also found the following video that outlines how to prevent being a victim in a zombie invasion.



And finally - based on all of the zombie movies I've watched with one eye open and hiding under the covers, I have my own recommendations:

1) I highly recommend the movie Zombieland. Brian, who is NOT a zombie movie fan(or a scary movie fan either) found this movie hysterical. Woody Harrelson is a riot, and the movie is PACKED with fantastic tips on how to survive a zombie invasion.

2) Always aim for the head. Each zombie genre varies, but the most consistent method of actually killing the undead, and stopping it in its tracks is by immobilizing the nervous system by either shooting/stabbing/hitting in the head, or snapping the neck. I don't know about you, but I certainly don't plan on getting close enough to a zombie to snap it's neck - so I highly recommend shooting in the head, or a blunt force trauma.

3) Seek shelter, but do not "hide" in the basement. Trapping yourself with only one way out - which most definitely will be barricaded by hungry zombies - is not the best course of action. Instead think high - like camping out on a rooftop. I've yet to see zombies climb. I've also never seen them swim making a floating houseboat a very good shelter during a zombie invasion.

4) Chances are your family and friends are already dead and transformed into zombies. That's because they think you're crazy for watching these asinine (my mother loves the word asinine) movies, and are completely uneducated and ignorant to survival tactics during a zombie invasion. Don't go looking to save them, they are already dead.

I hope you all find this zombie post helpful. I hope we never have to utilize these survival tactics.

But now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Happy Friday.

1 comment:

  1. HA! I loved Zombieland!! Sooo good! Helpful tips...I feel prepared now ;) Oh and my mom loves the word asinine too.

    ReplyDelete