Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Time Flies

My shower is next week and our wedding is 137 days away. The time is FLYING by and I'm desperately trying to grab at every single minute of every single day in an attempt to enjoy this time in our lives.

With both of our busy schedules that include work, house stuff, birthday parties, graduations, and wedding planning, I feel like we are jamming a whole lot of stuff into little time and instead of living in the moment we are merely checking boxes off of our to-do list.

I really hate that.

I'm applying the brakes right now. To prove that I'm applying the brakes, instead of working on a project for work (sorry work, but I've worked long enough today) I'm blogging. I really should be working on an excel spreadsheet that demonstrates the referral patterns of the physicians in my new territory for 2008, 2009, and 2010, and sending my findings off to Senior Management, but nahhhhhhh. Not going to do it.

Instead, I'm switching gears and moving from my professional persona - ahem - to my super, uber, girly, clapping my hands and jumping up and down alter ego because:

My shower is next week.

I can't believe it's already almost here. As I think back to all the tears, and heartache, and really awful BAD decisions I made when it came to dating, I never DREAMED that I would actually be HERE.

And now I'm here.

I haven't even had the time, or more importantly taken the time to really enjoy it.

Holy crap the countdown is on.

I'm REALLY excited.

I'm such a girl sometimes.....

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy it Sia! You deserve it. Very excited for your shower and wedding of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!! My friend just mentioned to me that we're coming up to the 1-year-countdown mark very soon. We have been just "casually" doing stuff for the wedding but we're going to have to start getting serious before too long. But I'm like you and want to enjoy it and have fun checking off our lists - not rush ourselves full force through them.
    I can't imagine how excited you are for your shower!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing the photos Princess! :)

    ReplyDelete